Quaker Meeting House

15. The last of three Quaker Meeting Houses was started in 1792 by the South River Quakers at 5810 Fort Avenue. It replaced two wooden structures built in 1757 and 1768, both destroyed by fire. It was the location where a Methodist minister from the Bedford Circuit first preached in the Lynchburg area in 1798.

Next page: Centenary Parsonage

^ Top
Previous page: Park View Methodist Church
Next page: Centenary Parsonage
Site Map