Recent Drawings by Frank B. Wright, Jr.

In the mid-1990s Randy Parr, the owner of Lynchburg Restoration, Inc., had a brilliant idea. He commissioned the respected Lynchburg artist Frank B. Wright, Jr. to draw the numerous local landmarks Lynchburg Restoration has worked on over the years.

Wright maintained a full-service commercial studio in the city for fifty-three years, producing many of the images we still see every day like the colorful, sixteen-foot community market sign and the distinctive, memorable City of Lynchburg logo. Though he officially closed the business in 1998, Wright continued to work for a select group of clients.

In all, Wright produced fifty pencil drawings for Lynchburg Restoration, which Parr put on display this summer in an exhibit at the Academy of Fine Arts, Warehouse Theatre.

“Lynchburg’s past is Lynchburg’s future,” says Parr. “It is important for all of us to contribute to this effort to help preserve and restore Lynchburg’s historic buildings, sites and artifacts. Frank has used one of his many talents as his contribution to this effort. Frank, Lynchburg thanks you.”

Entire article available only in printed version. Lynch's Ferry is on sale at the following Lynchburg locations: Bookshop on the Avenue, Givens Books, Lynchburg Visitors Center, Old City Cemetery, Point of Honor, Market at Main, and Lynch's Ferry office at The Design Group, 1318 Church Street, Lynchburg.

Click here for Exclusive Online Content

^ Top
Previous page: Far From The Tree: The Orchards of Tobacco Row Mountain
Next page: Gallery - Frank Wright
Site Map